CATRA has come together to promote the successes of the provincial tire stewardship organizations and together help make Canada a world leader in tire recycling.
CATRA's goals include:
- Developing a statistical database which will help support responsible end-of-life tire management.
- Maintaining an information sharing network among membership through annual meetings and regular conference calls.
- Providing information and resources to support recycled rubber markets.
- Developing, producing and distributing information about scrap tire management and helping promote best practices.
- Acting as a resource to outside groups interested in end-of-life tire management, such as the Canadian Council of Ministers of the Environment (CCME) or the Basel Convention.
- Maintaining a clear and positive image for scrap tire recycling and its benefits to the environment